Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lunch @ FiftyThree

After a week of intensive studying at home for my PMP exam, I just simply could not do it anymore. Taking a much deserved breather, I took off for lunch at Fifty Three, a restaurant that had been coming up in ChowHound and a few other websites. Read about the interview here and about the restaurant here

Impeccable service and a small comfy setting. The lunch tasting set for Spring was presented to me .. My photos didn't do the dishes much justice. But I loved how every dish looked like a Japanese Garden to me

Tapioca chips

Potato and Yogurt bread in a warmed sack with hot stones below .. Danish butter with nuts ..

Japanese Tomatoes, Horseradish cream (this was my fav out of the whole lot. Light, refreshing, took my breath away with the simplicity and the taste)

Chicken Oysters and Hokkaido Scallop

Fish with Yogurt and Hazelnut Sauce

Wagyu Beef Cheek in an Onion consomme (I loved how the beef looked like boulders in a beautiful pool and the charming little edible flowers which took the cake for me)

Japanese Strawberries on a bed of coffee bits, Pistachio Cream with olives, Vanilla Ice cream on coffee bits (dessert was good.. especially the pistachio cream with the olives.. it was surprisingly good)

But that wasn't the only place that I visited that day. With my notes, I headed down to Portsdown Road, Wessex Village for ...nothing but chocolate.


Lazy afternoon with workers napping at the back ...

An afternoon with Laurent Bernand, Chocolatier,

A pot of ginger tea, a slice of chocolate truffle cake


FiftyThree
53 Armenian Street, Singapore
+65 6334 5535
Lunch: Tuesday-Saturday, 12-2pm
Dinner: Monday-Saturday, 7-9:30pm
www.fiftythree.com.sg

Laurent Bernand, Chocolatier
5B Portsdown Road #01-02
Singapore 139311
Telephone: +65 6475 4182
Fax: +65 6300 0691
Monday 12pm-6pm
Tuesday to Thursday 9.30am-8pm
Friday to Saturday 9am-12 midnight
Sunday 9am-8pm

No comments: