Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Otto For Lunch

I have an expensive exam tomorrow, yet the only thing that i could think about was Otto and its cheap lunch set - l - Considering the entire lunch set was going for 35 dollars while a single dish on its ala carte menu was the same price, I will say, 'Good Deal !'.

So off I went, half day off from work with my study texts to Otto for a quickie lunch.


Meal started off with a califlower amuse bouche .. and some cold raisin and onion bread (...yucks)

Celery Soup .. (Lots of cream and butter, blend it, it WILL taste good)

Kurobuta Pork scaloppini with marsala wine sauce on a bed of mashed potatoes

Bergamot Parfait with strawberry sauce and almond Fregala

Ended off with a cup of coffee. Service was attentive and swift for the lunch crowd. I wouldn't mind dropping by for a meal again (this time for dinner). But I wouldn't say that it was the best lunch ever. Given the prices, it was good value for money at a fine restaurant.



Just a building down the street, I found this cute, little funky cafe with attitude called Once Upon A Milk Shake ~ Okay, I confess, I read it off another blog, saw good reviews and was surprised to chance upon it.

And then ended with a satisfactory mini peanut butter milkshake. Now that was something else, I wouldn't mind trying the mocha (chocolate with coffee beans) or raisin (rum and raisin..not available today..sigh).

Otto
Red Dot Museum
28 Maxwell Road #01-02

Once Upon a Milk Shake
Maxwell Chambers,
32 Maxwell Road #01-08
Mon - Sun - 11am - 11pm

No comments: