Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Change is the Only Constant

Feeling like a bit of a foreigner in my own country, I had to restrain myself from calling the cab drivers, "Shifu / 师傅", from screaming "Wait Staff / 服务员" at poor service in restaurants. I even felt the Singaporean way of English was a bit jarring to my ears. Dear God.

Finally signed up for driving lessons, and met up with the Old One for a movie today. (Anyway, the movie was Watchmen, I couldn't stop laughing at one scene where the super villain built this amazing building in the middle of remote Antarctica and all he did was to vege out in front of 30 TV screens with his pet. MEN ! Give them everything they want, and they still all do the same. :P)

I arrived at Ang Mo Kio a tad earlier than expected and started exploring this old town centre. I remembered spending alot of time after school during my teen-years hanging out. But like most estates, it has been transformed dramatically since then.


I had this nostalgic craving for Singapore's best curry puff - TipTop. Only located in Ang Mo Kio central, fully handmade with sizable chunks of chicken and potato. The rest of the puffs out there(polar, A1) are only pastry, now this is the real thing. Change might be the only constant, I am glad for some things that do not change.

Tip-Top Curry Puff
722 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8
#01-2843
(Located in a coffee shop behind the Jubilee building)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As in the the movie's beginning :P From a scale of 0 to 10, 0 being the lease bloodiest, 10 being the most bloodiest, how would u rate Watchmen? :P