Saturday, March 21, 2009

Cruising Along the Top of Trees

My legs haven't seen the sun for the past 1 1/2 years, I blame it on the cold weather in China and Europe, I blame it on the long distances that I have had to walk in my jeans and sports shoes.

Now I have glowingly white legs, glowing in a very scary manner when I first spotted them in the mirrors of my True Fitness gym last week. These are the same legs that have jogged in Macritchie Reservoir for the last couple of days and still.. they are so fair that it looks a bit unhealthy.

Decided to go for the Treetop walk, entering via the Venus Drive road. It was a breeze walking to the suspension bridge. Along the way, there was muddy roads..

Army Barracks ...

Ranger Station

After a short uphill climb, there was the suspension bridge..

Getting up to the bridge was a good feeling, but the best part of the tree top walk was the stairs leading down from the bridge. It was littered with little signs educating the public on the various aspects of the tropical forest.




All in all, the entire walk took me around 3 hours, considering that I went up to the Jelutong Tower, it should take considerably shorter if you do not take any detours. The tower gave a better view of the canopy of the forest than the suspension bridge. It was a nice place to just chill out and grab a drink. I would highly recommend the treetop walk for people who just want to take a break from the city with their mp3 player and its catchy tunes.


The HSBC TreeTop Walk is accessible from MacRitchie Reservoir Park via
1.MacRitchie Nature Trail (indicated as Route 3 on map) or from
2.Venus Drive, off Upper Thomson Road.
(Map)

No comments: